1. After he gave a report about the school, Mr. White____ the visitors around it.
A. went on to show B. went on showing C. went on with showing D. kept on showing
2.—— Tom works hard at English? —— _____, and _____.
A. So does he; so you do B. So you do; so is he
C. So he will; so do you D. So he does; so do you
3. When you write to him, please _____ him.
A. give my loves to B. give my regard to C. remember me to D. give my wishes for
4. We have done things we ought not to have done and_____ undone things we ought
to have done.
A. left B. leave C. will leave D. leaving
5. People are puzzled _____ they read the book.
A. the first time B. at the first time C. for the first time D. at first
6. In some countries, _____ are called "public schools" are not owned by the state.
A. that B. which C. as D. what
7. ——The boy is tall enough _____ his age.
——Yes, I was much _____ when I was his age.
A. to; shorter B. at; taller C. at; shorter D. for; shorter
8. ——Who are you waiting for?
——_____ the man wounded in the left leg.
A. The doctor will operate on B. The nurse to be looked after
C. The doctor to operate on D. His brother got